• 25 North Row Mayfair London W1K 6DJ
  • +44 (0) 203 790 9023
  • admin@wisestep.net



Citizens of EEA (European Economic Area) countries must have had permanent residence status for the last 12 months.

Citizens of non-EEA countries must have had Indefinite Leave to Remain (settlement) in the UK for the last 12 months.

Additionally, you must have lived in the UK for five years before the date of your application, and had no limitation set on your immigration status for 12 months prior to making your application.

Wisestep will review your circumstances and the evidence you provide, to assess your merits and the chance of your application being successful. We will then assist you in preparing and submitting your application.

To obtain indefinite leave to remain in the UK (also known as settlement), you must have lived in the UK for a certain amount of time. This varies depending on the category of visa you hold – so it is very important to check you meet the requirement before applying for ILR.

There are several grounds for applying for ILR – it could be as a partner or family member of a UK citizen or someone settled in the UK, through ancestry ties, or by being a particular type of worker.

You also must have passed the knowledge of English and life in the UK tests (unless you are under 18 or over 65 years of age).

If you have spent or unspent criminal convictions, these can also affect the outcome of your application for ILR, depending on the type of conviction.

At Wisestep we will review your circumstances and assess your merits and the chances of your application being successful, as well as assisting in preparing and submitting your application.

You can apply for an EEA family permit or residence card if you can demonstrate that you are the family member or extended family member of an EEA or Swiss national.

There are specific categories depending on whether you are applying from within or outside of the UK and we will advise accordingly.

If you are already an EEA national you don’t need a visa – however you may apply for a registration certificate.

At Wisestep we will fully review all of the circumstances and evidence involved in your application and provide you with an assessment of your merits and likelihood of success, as well as provide full assistance with preparation and submitting of your application.

If you want to apply for an investor (tier 1) visa, you must be over 18 years of age, and be able to show that you have at least £2,000,000 in funds which are available to invest in the UK.

You will be expected to be able to prove that the money belongs to you, or your partner, have a UK bank account, and be free to spend the money in the UK.

At Wisestep we will carry out a full review of your situation and circumstances and provide you with an assessment of your chances and likelihood of a favourable outcome. We will then fully assist you in preparing and submitting your application for an investor (tier 1) visa.

Firstly you will have to determine whether or not your business is eligible. Some factors which will influence this include whether or not you have any unspent criminal convictions, or history of failing to undertake sponsorship duties. You will also have to show that you have appropriate systems in place to monitor sponsored employees who you bring to the UK.

Then you will have to choose the type of licence you wish to apply for, depending on the type of worker you intend to sponsor.

You will also have to appoint someone in your business to manage your sponsorship duties and obligations.

If your application is successful, you will be granted a licence rating and be able to issue certificates of sponsorship. This licence will be valid for four years.

At Wisestep, we will conduct an audit to ensure your systems are compliant, as well as provide full assistance with preparing and submitting your application for a sponsorship licence, to ensure the greatest chance of success.

Your relatives will need to obtain a visitor visa, which will involve satisfying the Home Office that their sole intention in coming to the UK is to visit you. You or they will also have to demonstrate that they are able to support themselves for the duration of their stay. This means showing that you have adequate funds to cover their expenses while in the UK.

If your visitors are granted the visa, they will usually be able to stay in the UK for up to six months – however this can vary according to the type of visitor visa.

At Wisestep we will provide a full review of your visitors’ circumstances and evidence, as well as your own, and assess the merits and chances of the application. We will provide full assistance with preparing and submitting the application, to give the best chance of success.

In order for your spouse to come and live with you in the UK, he or she will require a spouse visa.
Once approved, a spouse visa lasts for 33 months, after which it can be renewed for another two years and six months. After five years, they will be eligible to apply for settlement.
Please note that “spouse visa” is a general term and the specific visa will be dependent on your circumstances. For example, the spouse of a British citizen will require a “family of a settled person” visa, whereas the spouse of an EEA national living in the UK will require an “EEA Family Permit.”
You will need to provide evidence that your relationship is genuine, as well as meet financial requirements. Your spouse will also need to meet the English language requirement.

At Wisestep we will fully review the circimstances around your application and provide an assessment of your merits and chances of success. We will fully assist with preparation and submission of your application and all evidence.

If you have children under the age of 18 then they are generally entitled to come and live with you in the UK. However you will still have to apply for a visa and the type will depend on your own status, for example whether you are British through settlement or naturalisation, or hold a tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, tier 4 or tier 5 visa, or are an EEA national.

At Wisestep we will ensure that you are applying for the correct visa for your circumstances, and provide you with full assistance with submitting your application and all associated evidence, in order to achieve a positive outcome.

If you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK, you can apply for a tier 2 work visa. Your employer will need to be a licenced sponsor in order to bring you into the UK to live and work.
With a tier 2 visa, you can come to the UK to work for up to five years and 14 days, or the period of time given on your certificate plus one month.

If you choose Wisestep to assist with your application, we will provide you with details on all of the necessary supporting documents. We will make a thorough analysis of your circumstances and ensure you have the best possible chance of success in your application.

If you have a had a change of circumstances which may affect your visa status, we will fully assess the change and explore all options, avenues and alternatives, to assist you in obtaining the correct immigration status.

You can apply to extend your stay. However the outcome can be dependent on the type of visa you hold, and we will need to fully assess your circumstances in order to provide the best advice.